Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Different Party Platform

Now that the election is over (yay, President Obama!), the word “platform” will thankfully remind us solely of footwear - at least until 2012! At left, a gorgeous rendering of the fabulous footwear inspiring this post by Fellow Fashionista Kat of Pencilfashion.
At right, an ultra-platform, courtesy nytimes.com. Can anyone name the designer?
Christian Dior
Galliano
Giambattista Valli "mini-platform", at right
Louis Vuitton
Gucci (at right)
Marni
Viktor & Rolf
Alexander McQueen exaggerated double-heeled shoes in W - CC is really drawn to this photo! What do you think, CC readers?
WHAT TO BUY (or make sure you already have in your closet!):
(a) platform booties; (b) a platform ankle wrap or slingback sandal; and (c) a hidden platform pump or peep-toe.

Left: YSL’s "industrial strength" platform, at Neiman Marcus.
Right: Berny Demore Solis suede ankle bootie with contrasting platform, at shopbop.com.
Christian Louboutin Zippette, at Barneys New York.

Giuseppe Zanotti hidden platform eel pump. This and next at barneys.com.
Jil Sander beaded thin ankle strap pump. What a fantastic heel shape!
At right: Giuseppe Zanotti Glamorous red patent cork platform pump, at chickdowntown.com.
Irregular Choice Kitty Princess suede ankle wrap shoes. Visit irregularchoicestore.co.uk.
Deal of the Day: These Forever 21 Nonstop lilac platforms are on sale for $10.99!
Report Signature Rockwell blue ankle strap pump. How hot are these, and less than $200? This pair and next 2 at shopbop.com.
L.A.M.B. Fen red and black stud detail square toe pump - CC adores this silhouette!
Dolce Vita Molly platform mary jane
Fendi suede and leather platforms. These and next at net-a-porter.com.
Giuseppe Zanotti tricolor satin wedges
Miu Miu faux python jeweled slingback sandal. This and next at barneys.com.
Fendi brown patent t-strap platform pump with logo button detail.
If you cant afford the coveted YSL Tribute, get these Bebe Patti sandals instead! At bebe.com.
CC loves these Missoni zig zag slingback platforms, available at Zappos Couture.
Last look: retro-liciousness via stockingirl.com – nothing like some Pucci-esque tights to go with those platforms, darlings!

49 comments:

WendyB said...

I like practically all of these! Love the YSL with the tread sole that everyone hates.

Always In Style said...

Yay!

President Obama and killer shoes: these are two platforms I can stand up for :)

No soy tu estilo said...

me encantan estas plataformas...pero de ahia ponermelas no me atrevo jeje

LucyinStLou said...

So many beautiful shoes, but I would absolutely break an ankle. I am such a klutz!

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

i want every pair!!!! i am a platform diva honey! makes me taller than my husband, but he finally got used to it :)
fabulous post!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-although I don't have any, they are really stylish shoes, I love your picks!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the platforms.. and don't they just make 4inches that much more comfy.

Trish Baluyot said...

OMFG. Those shoes are HOT. ;) ♥

Anonymous social worker said...

oh wow I love that hot pink one, very unique

La Belette Rouge said...

I love that picture of the ballerina on the bed. Really lovely.
Some killer shoes, that literally could kill you or at least twist an ankle.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i just did a post on platforms so i completely support this trend! they're chic AND comfortable, can't beat that :)

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

i thank you so much for your words, your voting and your post with my link!!!
i know i repeat myself, but your site is great and to be featured in it is just awesome :)

Jadore-Fashion said...

interesting platforms esp the Galliano!!! great picks :)

thanks btw for the sweet comment!!!
xoxo

hollyshambles.x said...

mmm, i love a good platform!

i absolutely adore the Giuseppe Zanotti shoes -- and i NEVER like cork! (:

MISS GLITZY said...

Yeah! I wanna get high, so high! Quite a selection again!

leeselooks said...

cc!

you make my creditcard "shake in fear" :)

i am still obsessed with YSL the tribute.
i definitely think it is worth the splurge, hey?
classic. perfection.

thanks for your sweetness cc.
it means so much.

hope you're having a wonderful day!

x.

Holly said...

GREAT post! those yellow gucci's are killer

Abing said...

thanks for your comment!!! your blog is ultra cool!!! just added to my list!!

Lorentzo said...

Nunca se puede decir "no" en moda. Yo era el calzado que menos soportaba ver entre vosotras... Y ahora me encantan...

Esto de la moda...

Un beso!

Make Do Style said...

I love platforms and the Zanotti wedges are a dream

Jennifer said...

shoes; can't live without em(:
love your blog btw!

MY OWN YELLOW CAT said...

SO so original shoes... ^^


ByE!!!

Angela said...

i think i need new shoes.

Unknown said...

sigh * I WANT THEM ALLLLLLLL

Tricia said...

the leopard prints, sigh! and love the mcqueen, so over the top.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the last photo! It's absolutely perfect (and I want those tights!). I love a platform and a bit of height given my short stature so it's a yes yes yes from me!

Anonymous said...

I love your new banner pic :)

I just love a platform, what girl would say no to a little extra height?!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

while i can appreciate the aesthetic of almost all of these, i can't imagine wearing over half of them. i love the diors - the heels look like chess pieces to me - but i don't think i would last more than a minute standing in them! ha!

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

I'm pretty sure I could wear platforms every day for the rest of my life and be happy. Great post and inspiration as always - thanks for the consistent awesomeness CC!
xox
S

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Oh my...don't think I could walk in half of these hehe =)

Mary said...

Loveeee platforms! They relatively painlessly add inchs onto my legs, which is exactly what I need!

CarmenSinCity said...

I love your new banner!!!!!

kokostiletto said...

i love it when u do shoe posts!!!

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

i hate it when you post shoes! well, not literally, of course. haha you make me want to spend, spend, spend!

rachel said...

this post left me hyperventilating. haha. too many beautiful shoes!! I especially lust after that leopard print with snakeskin cutout platforms! I WANT.
and those psychedelic leggings are so pretty

Nazarina A said...

These are all so sweeeeet! I have a pair of platforms somewhere in a box LOL! I shall have to look for them and wear them after seeing your collection but it will have to wait until summer. I do not think I could handle them in the snow LOL!
Wow Carrie, you have outdone yourself here with this extraordinary collection!

Sara Morante said...

As I already told Kate, that is a great illustration!!

clareassiral said...

being a girl in flats all day i can vouch for the comfort of platform heels. These are divine.

poeta fit, non nascitur said...

oh dear! some of those shoes are just out of this world! i don't think i'd even consider wearing some of them.

i am totally loving the pucci tights. :D

Mariana said...

i am in love with galliano's crack pipe platforms...they'd be KILLER in black!

Songy said...

I have a hard time imagining girls wearing them. Then again, we've seen all kinds of stuff this year.
Haven't we?

Marian said...

Oh my goodness! why am i 6ft1!! i wear heels but goodness knows that if I was perhaps average height Id always be in no less 6 inch heel platforms. I am drawn to them like a magpie is drawn to all things sparkly! girl you have me salivating hard over these platforms.Will they ever go out of fashion again? It almost seems the more weird the heel and platform are the better.Its defo the season of the statement shoe. Love this post CC!
xx
Marian

p.s that forever 21 pair is amazing for that price!

Fashion Moment said...

As always, I want Giambattista Valli! Great post! :)

FM

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

OMG.... I almost just fainted!!! These are such eye candy!!! Thanks for sharing them with us.. I also collected a few pictures of some shoes from the recent Fashion Week shows but this post has more more more!!! Love the Loubs, the Gucci and the Viktor and Rolf!!!

MakeupByRenRen said...

total fierceness, loves it!

Aliena said...

I love them all!!!

Myriam said...

I really adore platform shoes! They are fabulous and comfy too!

Da Fashionista said...

drooling. all works of art AND comfortable. and the missoni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elle symptomatique said...

dior's makeup is definitely the best!!!!!!!!! and those shoesssss are LOVE, especially the diors & mcqueens!