Saturday, November 15, 2008

Acid Trip . . . 300th CC post!

Today’s post is dedicated to outré denim trends, such as the recently resurrected acid wash, or “Snow Denim”, as Fellow Fashionista and South African native FashionAbility calls the look pictured at right. Whether perforated, painted, destroyed, bleached, backward, or stonewashed, jeans are taking a beating, and the effects range from radiant to repulsive…
On the runways at the spring shows; photos via style.com except where noted.
At left: Rock & Republic - CC is in love!
Cruz Castillo; this and next via Spanish Vogue

Remember when we used to doodle on our jeans??
El Delgado Buil (ick!)
Cropped and destroyed at Ruffian
Double denim at Meadham Kirchoff
Topshop Unique – CC honestly can’t stand this look but it is an eighties resurrection she simply can’t ignore!
Junya Watanabe backward jean skirt with patterned pouf
Balmain's ripped and bleached perfection
Zucca, via vogue.fr
CNC Costume National, via nymag.com
You can DIY or you can hit the stores:
Far right: Siwy Hannah bleach pattern ankle jean; this and next two at shopbop.com
Right: Current/Elliott black Skinny Slouch jean with holes and worn spots throughout
Twenty8Twelve Brittany Zelda jean with bleach spots
At right: 4 Stroke neon Roseland jeans. Visit shopintuition.com.
J. Crew men’s painted selvedge jean, sexy but a bit steep at $285!

How do you feel about these denim trends, darlings? What’s the craziest pair of jeans you own?

CC wants to thank all her fabulous fellow fashionistas and readers in this 300th post - you are the best!!

26 comments:

leeselooks said...

YAY FOR 300!

congrats cc.

you are a star.

i am constantly amazed at all of your finds.
+ all the time that goes into it.

i <3 acid wash.
i actually just bought a pair from uo.com.

have a lovely weekend.

x.

Johanna - Life by Me said...

I can absolutely see myself in acid washed jeans, maybe because I already own two? :P

http://myshoebox.se

Hunters Glory said...

...or CCC in roman numerals CC...

Congrats on your CCCth post!
Quite an accomplishment by the way you make each one like your only one!!

Brilliance resides here

;)

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks, darlings!

Leese - your comments always brighten my day :)

Shoebox - glad to hear it!

HG: you must restart your blog; I have gone into withdrawal. Very clever about the CCCth!

xoxox,
CC

hollyshambles.x said...

mm, i have to say i don't really like jeans! but this post is definitely inspiring, as always (:

i really really like the Ruffian look and, of course, Balmain!

..... said...

amazin Junya Watanabe

MISS GLITZY said...

I recently found an old pair of Levi's that is just perfect as a boyfriend jean so I'm gonna keep it this winter. Congratulation for the 300th post. I forgot to mention my 400th so I guess I will wait until the 500th!

Angela said...

congrat CC on the 300th post.
I just adore denims... my favorite piece is a chanel denim jacket.

WendyB said...

Denim trends crack me up. Or, the attitudes towards wearers of denim crack me up. Remember how everyone would NEVER wear acid wash again, NEVER wear skinny jeans, NEVER wear baggy jeans, NEVER wear high waists, and on and on and on. The next person who claims she will NEVER do a certain style again will get bitchslapped by me.

pigeon.toed said...

thanks cc! congrats on 300! i'm adding you to my blogroll if you don't mind :)

Siljesfashion said...

Congrats! Love the Balmain collection, jeans included!

Seeker said...

Congrats CC on the CCCth post ;)

I remember I've had at least one pair of “Snow Denim” at the 80's... I wonder if I should wear them again as they say if you wore it first...

Nice pictures, my dear.
xoxo

OSB Vintagr said...

i love every balmain election!!!
do you like vintage?
VINTAGe earrings in sale, they have been purchased in local markets of PARIS,BARCELONA, MADRID..and ITALY each piece that i bought has a small story. so delightful for fans of vintage and unique pieces...

Vintage Lollipops said...

300!!! Wowza... you're a log Rockstar!!

So I have to say... I'm deeply in love the Siwy Hannah bleach pattern ankle jeans (sigh)! And who caould ever resist Balmain's style godliness!

shopinchic said...

Congrats on your 300th post!

As for jeans trends, I personally don't get the skinny jeans look. Not everyone can wear them! I find boot-cut and flare much more flattering.

Jadore-Fashion said...

congrats on the 300post!!! been wonderful 300 post :)

love acid wash jeans!!! searching for a great pair!

have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Miranda said...

i loveee acidwashed jeans

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 300th!!

I love all the jeans featured here but as much as I love denim on other people, I don't love it on me :( I just wasn't built for jeans (despite that fact, I'm still lusting over a pair of highwasited flares....)

Elizabeth said...

Well, it was only a matter of time before these hit it big again!

Congratulations on 300, CC!

Secretista said...

Denim I do adore.

Missa said...

The Balmain ones are really good!

Songy said...

300! That's quite an achievement, CC. Well done. Having a drink for us at all?

Not my thing I'm afraid, those snow denims....

Songy said...

300! That's quite an achievement, CC. Well done. Having a drink for us at all?

Not my thing I'm afraid, those snow denims....

Miss Cavendish said...

I like the Watanabe and the Balmain (styled *just like that*) but can't bear acid wash otherwise. You have to get the wash *exactly right* so it doesn't look cheesy or mumsy . . .

Congrats on 300--doesn't it fly by?!

La Belette Rouge said...

Congrats on your first 300! A perfect flashback post to celebrate. Looking forward to the next 300.
xoxo

{Tara} said...

I've been meaning to throw some bleach on a pair of my jeans...this reminded me. Need to get on that!!