Monday, July 14, 2008

OVERSIZE NECKLACES

After the overwhelming enthusiasm for the huge gold Givenchy chains in yesterday's post, CC decided to dedicate a not insignificant amount of time to rounding up fall's oversize necklaces, both on the runways and in stores. Today's post has 2 PARTS: Huge Necklaces & Gold Necklaces! As always, runway first, then real way!
I. HUGE NECKLACES
Burberry (top left)
Emanuel Ungaro









Duro Olowu, via nymag.com
Gucci









Dries Van Noten
Lanvin









Prada, courtesy nymag.com







Pucci
Tuleh





















Now, with this runway inspiration in mind, let's see what's in stores! This survey proceeds from color to monochrome.
Price notes are provided on some more affordable gems!
CC posted the gorgeous Vera Wang necklace above last month, but it's making another appearance since it's now half price at presseboutique.com!
Another colorful beauty? The Tom Binns crystal choker pictured at right and available at intermixonline.com.
Mended Veil Stone Slices necklace, at Aloha Rag, New York












Missoni long stone embellished necklace. Purchase at net-a-porter.com.
Juicy Couture Summer of Love necklace, $230, also at net-a-porter.















Candace Ang necklace. Visit etsy.com














Tom Binns chunky graduated link necklace. Visit presseboutique.com



Lanvin pearls and organdy necklace. Go to aloharag.com.
Valerj Pobega Byzantine icon choker, at presseboutique.com.
Tuleste Market large hammered square necklace. Visit shopbop.com.
















II. GOLD NECKLACES
Think Mr. T, only chicer!
The trendsetter, of course: Givenchy! Photo at left via French Vogue online. According to the experts, though this appears to be a number of layered chains, it is actually one single necklace!!
Givenchy

















Philip Lim, via nymag.com
Beth Lauren metallic canvas ribbon bugle bead necklace, $238 at The Intermix, New York
Card Catalog necklace, at dirtylibrarianchains.com
Fendi layered chain necklace goldtone, $255 at Neiman Marcus
Tuleste Market Ball and Chain necklace . Go to intermixonline.com to buy - just $138!











Gold tier necklace, $16.50 at alloy.com
CC Skye triple layer gold mesh necklace, $305 at singer22.com.
(This one is the author's fave, and not just because her initials are the same as the designer's!).

CC hopes that there is something for everyone in today's post and she'd love to know how you'll be wearing the trend!!

Fashion note: Runway pictures in today's post via style.com unles otherwise credited.

50 comments:

Danz said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! Gorgeous selection Carrie! I love oversized necklaces, bracelets, rings and some earrings. I tend to stay away from oversized gold jewelry though because it can look very gaudy.

Thanks for your lovely comment darling! I think I may try a nice, sunny yellow nail polish like yours next!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie, thanks for visiting my blog!

I absolutely ADORE over-sized jewellery, especially chunky beads and big bangles. *sigh* role on payday...

Boe x

FASHION CHALET said...

thank you so much, sweetie <3
and i love this latest post, so many gorgeous things!!

Crave said...

I'm in l-o-v-e with this post!! So great!! Totally smitten with the Dries bangle necklaces and the Lanvin ones too! I'm thinking of making my own necklace ala Dries soon with some of my chunky bangles!

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks, Gals!

D: totally agree on the gaudy gold, but think when worn in over-the-top amounts, it can be kind of ironic and therefore okay?

Boe - likewise!

FC: You are quite welcome!

Crave - excellent idea!!

xoxox CC

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

The Givenchy chains are to die for.

I love this blog - mind if I add it to my blog roll?

Couture Carrie said...

S - of course! I just did the same :)

Stephanie said...

I really like the Lanvin pearls and organdy necklace. Prettty.

Moonie said...

Carrie great post!we have everything here!love the runways photos and the necklaces.
Thanks for visit my blog!!!
Rock on Carrie!!!
Prue

Moonie said...

i'm going to link you blog rocks!!!!
i have been looking around love those bags!!!
Cya Rock on Carrie!!!
Prue

Anna Shapiro said...

I love oversized necklaces
but i can never quite figure out how to pull them off.
hopefully, this season i'll do a bit better at it.

Tricia said...

gorgeous, love the big ungaro beads and the chains.

Sharon S said...

Hi Couture Carrie-I really love this post-my absolute favourite is the Juicy Couture one-I want it!!

Katie said...

wow awesome stuff! I love your headline photo!

STYLE DU MONDE said...

My favorite are those from Dries and Vera Wang!

xx

TINA said...

I'm so glad you made a post about oversize necklaces - I adore them! I love the Vera Wang necklace.

TINA said...

p.s. I've tagged you. :)

Vain and Vapid said...

I still love the Givenchy necklaces the best but the Duro Olowu XL beads are really cool.

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

i love all the gold necklaces!

Winnie said...

Love these images. I really want to buy some more statement pieces.

Princess.Maria said...

over size necklaces are amazing !!!

annabananna said...

i love huge necklaces. the instantly turn a normal outfit into something special. great post, once again!

Anonymous said...

i don't know how you manage to find such amazing things all over the internet! all of the necklaces you found are amazing! you do such a good job at this. =)

Fashion Critic said...

I have never been one to wear necklaces, but this post has inspired me to work this look come Fall.

Nikki said...

carrie, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

i loooove big necklaces, they make an otherwise blah outfit become a little more now! i personally am looking for a good reasonably priced bib necklace.

http://pursuitingstyle.blogspot.com

Hummingbird said...

i love the missoni one, grat post full of information, thanks couture! xx!

..... said...

that's hot dude !!

EvaAmarri said...

Love this post! I love oversized necklaces and rings.

yiqin; said...

I really like the GIvenchy layers of gold chains! I love oversized necklaces! They dress up a plain top so well.

Wendy said...

I actually wouldn't mind going for pounds of gold chains but don't want to get jumped. Haha!

Crispy Banana said...

love it to the 20th power!!!!

chauss said...

great post! i am creating an assortment of my own in your face necklaces from my own drawers..

Angela said...

I have been so into necklaces lately. OMG, we are totally on the same page. I love the Givenchy multi strand in gold. Just savvy!

KATLIN said...

Oh my god where is that scrunched ribbon on the chain necklace from?? It's green, black and blue. I freaking love it!! If you don't know where, I'm gonna try to make one!

jess said...

great selections. I really like the vera wang one. It reminds me of a sunset

A La Femme said...

Wow, I love them all especially Givenchy of course, they are simply stunning!!! ;)

ryder said...

givency looks great this season. as well as lanvin and pucci and the first picture is from who?i forgot.
i never like oversized necklaces, at least not that massive ones but i was thinking for this seasson the actually buy something like i saw on the givency photo.

Hanne said...

Hi, Thanks for your comment! What a nice blog you have, I will definitely come back for a visit later:) Would it be of your interest if I translate my posts into English? Have a nice day!

AlicePleasance said...

Love the Beth Lauren one and you can DIY for a fiver!!!!

Siljesfashion said...

Love it. Very nice picks!

Syed said...

Loooove the necklaces!! The second one is divine! Oh and totally love the first two looks in the post below! Oh and we should so bring back the painting portraits...if I ever get the money I'll commision one and post it ;)

Sally said...

love the oversized necklaces! especially the Givenchy gold ones! x

Elizabeth said...

I really like the chain versions of these. They're really sleek and interesting to me.

♥ Marta ♥ said...

beautiful selection... I would love to be able to wear large necklaces but I think that they overwhelm me. ... could I be wrong? :S

Carolina Lange said...

So many amazing necklaces! I love the ones from Gucci, the are my favourites!
Great post!

Da Fashionista said...

you do amazing roundups!!!

i want all of these.

Trying to see how long it takes me to get into the chain mail look ;)

The Collector said...

A wonderful post.
I most like the Lanvin pearls and organdy necklace - so classy.

Lovely chunky pieces like this really add drama to an outfit... Now to force myself to actually reach for jewellery when I get dressed...

Btw, thank you for your comment. I'm really looking forward to the post that you are working on!

Cellar Door said...

Wow! Such an inspiring selection. I'm very excited about jewelery for this A/W. Loving the loaded gold chain look. Loving your blog!

Anonymous said...

thanks for adding my link ;)
I've added you back of course ! <3

xx
http://mariemaud.canalblog.com/archives/2008/06/19/9638433.html

PWFA said...

Really love the oversized necklace, but it's quite difficult to find the cloth. But anyway the oversized necklace makes our fashion more outstanding and unique. Love it. http://pailinfashiondesign.blogspot.com/2009/12/do-we-need-oversized.html