Monday, July 21, 2008

Everything in its LACE

Okay, darlings . . . before you get tired of the hype surrounding this delicious material, CC thought she'd try to persuade y'all that when it comes to lace, there's something for everyone!! Whether it's a chic bootie, a fab handbag, a blouse peeking out from under that cardi, or a head-to-toe Prada outfit, this netlike ornamental fabric is no longer reserved for veils and negligee!
The runways were positively bedecked with lace for fall! The following photos are from style.com unless otherwise credited. "Long Live McQueen" at top of post courtesy V Magazine.
Alexander McQueen, of course, was the standout this season, with a variety of awe-inspiring, full-skirted lace dresses, like the one pictured at upper left!
Givenchy long sleeve lace frock, at right
Givenchy asymmetrical lace dress
Luella Bartley, via nymag.com
Chanel minidress with train
Chanel Couture waist detail
Balmain 3/4 sleeve minidress







Ruffian topper





Ruffian short sleeve lace dress



Oscar de la Renta Resort 2009 sleeveless shift, via nymag
Chloe sleeve detail





Roberto Cavalli bodice detail - what gorgeous rosettes!






Anna Sui neckline birds
DSquared2 silk and lace bodice detail





Chanel Couture lace "icicles"






Christian Lacroix veil, via vogue.com/fr
LACE NEED NOT BE BLACK!
Jean Paul Gaultier Couture orange lace!!






Elie Saab Haute Couture














Jenny Packham, courtesy of nymag.com - CC loves this outfit! Little House on the Prairie meets the burlesque?
Oscar de la Renta, via nymag.com











Charles Nolan via nymag.com
Prada beige dress
Prada separates - black and blue!





















In the shops, darlings:
Above: 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent metallic lace mini dress. Visit standardstyle.com
.
Right: Piazza Sempione lace overlay dress, at Bergdorf Goodman
Derek Lam metallic lace dress, also at Bergdorf Goodman
Jenny Han lace top, at azaleasnyc.com.
Robert Rodriguez chocolate lace shell. Visit shopbop.com


Forever 21 lace blouse
Deal of the day:
lace skirt, just $9.99 at jjill.com!

LACE ACCESSORIES!
Givenchy runway lace bag

Martin Margiela PVC wallet. Go to aloharag.com.
Prada lace bags, via Vogue Nippon.
If CC had to name an "it bag" for fall, this would be, well . . . IT!

Valentino laser cut ankle boot, at Neiman Marcus
On the runway: Roberto Cavalli white lace bootie - CC neeeeeds these!!
Last, but certainly not least: Kova & T lace leggings, at shopbop.com. Gorgeous!

52 comments:

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

So divinely romantic. I have been obsessed with this look for fall for years and years now.
Great post, as always :)

Sharon S said...

Givenchys dresses are so covetable!!

Bombchell said...

for some reason, I just kept thinking gosh Morticia ( addams family)would love this!!!! I blame the m&m commercials!!

Aliena said...

Mmmm this post will make me seriously rethink my views on lace...

Moder said...

La blusa sin modelo... oh... la quiero.
Y cuando veo zapatos tan fashion me arrepiento de no usar tacones :-D

Calming Corners said...

Great post as always!!!

I am loving the Givenchy, Balmain and Nolan.

Kaitlin Rae said...

i love lace, i think its soooo pretty and romantic looking.

Tricia said...

looking forward to some lace this year!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

wowzars! Thanks for the lacy monday morning eye candy :)

Human Racing said...

Great post! I really like black lace- it gives more of a darker and less airy and romantic feel.

Kira Aderne said...

fantastic!
I love the delicacy of lace!!!

love that post!

Gratistotal said...

i dont like very much, but we are fashion victims!

♔Jaimie said...

some of those are just pure gorgeousness.

Arielle said...

thanks! I love the lace outfits you've picked out especially the oscar de la renta one. it's beautiful.

polkadotqueen said...

So much lace. *_* This is mindboggling! Brings back memories of Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette.

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooh la la Oscar! Lovely dresses!
I don't think these would do well by the pool... thanks for visiting!
Fifi

FashionSqueah! said...

I love lace, can't wait until the high street really catches on and I can buy some yummy lace for myself! Thanks for the comment, Char x

Blicious said...

ooh i love the lace!

Miss White said...

I wasn't convinced at first but I'm slowly starting to come round to lace!

Reena Rai said...

Ohhhh Balmain dress, Je t'adore!!!!!!!! Wow!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Love your blog! Beautiful!

MY OWN YELLOW CAT said...

I can't prefer one piece...

all are fantastic!

xxx

ByE!!!

WendyB said...

I'm glad you used Charles Nolan -- he's a friend of mine!

Héloïse J. said...

can i have this balmain dress pleaaaase? (:

Angela said...

I like lace but a all lace dress is just too much lace for me. I adore lace accents or perhaps accessories. Also I tend to run into things and lace just don't stand up well.

Guapóloga said...

Sooooo hard! Lace is like a curse for me: it itch, it reminds me underweare and, with this kind of desings I feel completely out of trend for just not even think about wear a piece of lace...

Anyway, you put me thinking about it ;)

Que estés muy bien, CC

Saludos

Simone

Times of Glory said...

I am totally freaked out by seeing so many gorgeous (I mean GORGEOUS) outfits! I love this dark beauty... the mysterious, the deep and romantic feel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tavi said...

I love how feminine but bold lace is. The McQueen line is fantastic-did you make that first collage? It's awesome!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Beautiful selection! I like the laced thights

Couture Carrie said...

Gracias a todos!
Thanks for all of your thoughtful, funny, insightful and inspired remarks... CC loves to hear from her fellow fashionistas!
And Tavi: that first image is from vmagazine.com... Long live McQueen!

xoxox,
CC

STYLE DU MONDE said...

Another beautiful post! Love all dresses!

Elizabeth said...

You don't have to try to convince me. I love lace.

Sam said...

so pretty and romantic. love all of the looks!

chauss said...

hi, do you know what shoes/boots those are with the balmain lace dress? !!

Alexa Martin said...

fab blog!:)

can we switch links?
houseofalexapurcell.blogspot.com
thanx!:)

jess said...

I love lace. That orange lace is really special

. said...

I want something lace now!

Oh and I am linking yu. Awesome blog!

Cammila said...

Isn't lace just amazing -- if you add it to one dress, you make it look demure, but add it to another and you make it look sexy! Such an incredible element.

And I have to admit that I do get the Agy comparisons a lot! It's flattering, but I'm sure it's just the hair. :)

Thu said...

i once found this cute lace shirt for my sister, but she said there was too much lace going on. i was like, "what?!" maybe i should have just gotten it for myself. anyways, lace is great. feminine and sophisticated.

Bang Bang Starz said...

i love laceee..thanks for the fall..i can't wait till the fall to wear lace tights.

<3

DIARIO DE UNA ESTILISTA said...

LOve Mcqueen, Gaultier, Lacroix.... beautiful images!!!. Thanks for your comment at my blog...congratulations for yours, its great.

Son said...

Hola, gracias por pasarte por mi blog, me gusta mucho el tuyo así que me veras a menudo por aquí
Un saludo

Ida said...

Beautifully written post and just the perfect pictures surrounding it as always. You are doing such a wonderful job, CC, kudos!

Songy said...

Dear couturecarrie - wow.. I am honoured. Thank you! I use your blog as my daily runway brief. :) I know that it's a lot of work putting them together. I must say I get inspired everyday by bloggers like you and you guys get me out of mundane daily grind. :) Thank you again for your kind comment.

Anonymous said...

lace is very sexy and hot!

Great choices )))

Hugs from Angel.

Pamcasso said...

great post! you picked out so many great lace pieces besides the obvious prada!

Da Fashionista said...

am soooo not a lace girl. well except back in the desperately seeking susan days. but after this post, thinking I could do a top under a jacket. or maybe that black clutch. we.will.see.

emerald cloche said...

Mmm, beautiful.
I hope it doesn't go into overkill and make me start to get sick of lace this fall.

Cindy said...

thank you for visiting our blog! i love the black lace, big time. your blog is fantastic. i'll be a regular reader.

ALISON said...

i <3 the black lace dress that the girl wearing the gold headband is wearing. it looks perfect to be worn with some bright blue pumps. www.thedailyalygator.blogspot.com

Seeker said...

Well blogger gave me an error, I hope I didn't miss my comment.

xoxo

AlicePleasance said...

I admit it was not love at first sight, but now I'm liking a lot all that lace... de la Renta dresses... :-)